Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 12 Experiences--Monday, June 29

Well, lets get to it...

-Up to this day I have only heard 2 sirens since I have been there, and I know that this is not a town that just doesn't have accidents, what is the deal?

-I have seen absolutely no American chain restaurants here. For all the other obvious American influences here that seems very odd to me. Not even a McDonalds. The only one I have seen is one solitary Olive Garden, and that is it.

-Had church today, I got to lead the Sunday school. I must say that although it was more difficult to do with the Swahili group we had a lot of fun because we (all of us plus Wehmeier girls) got to sing and dance all over the place with them. They already knew such songs as "Father Abraham" and a few other good ones, and we taught them a few more, like the "Hippo" song, though I still don't quite have that one down. All in all, we had a great time sharing God's Word with these children. God's truth and his Word truly are universal to all cultures. God loves everyone, from the little kids in Africa, to each of us in America, and yes, even the French ;)

Welp, got this one in too, I am off to bed here, it would be firework time here if they celebrated it. Makes me miss all of you and miss firing off fireworks with the best cousin in the world and his set of quite lovely sisters (despite the fact that I will never stop recieving trouble from them) And of course what is a Fourth of July without the rest of my Brockman Clan (those who have the last name and those who don't), with the best sets of aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents that a person could ask for. From the Keehns, to the Brockmans, to the Highleys, to the Fields, to the countless other last names involved in the big thing I call family, I love you all! I am truly blessed to be one of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment