Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 9 and 10

Well I am having to redo this post from memory because the internet caused me some problems with it. These days the main group was still gone, so it was me and the Wehmeier family. I really enjoyed going around with them, I felt kind of like their adopted son, as I also have with the Reynolds throughout this trip. We went on some visits and had a Sunday School Seminar

-We had a Sunday school seminar one of these days. For anyone that donated any Sunday school supplies, or any money to buy any of the things, it has been put to good use. Things we take for granted in Bible studies and Sunday school (actually having enough Bibles, or any handouts, dvds, programs, etc.) they have little to none of. Now they have resources and materials to probably last them several years, as well as some materials that will be great for training and such. It really is a help to them, it is a help to their whole circuit of churches. God's Word continues to go out.

-I heard Michael Jackson died today. One of those deaths that is kind of heard about everywhere. Several radio stations here played his songs all day in tribute. It reminds me how out of contact I am. Other than the correspondence I have every few days with a few of you. Its a good and bad thing. I am out of the loop and have no idea whats happening back home, but I get the chance to get away from it all and view another place, in a situation that is frankly, very poor. Gives you some perspective, and it also opens your eyes and gives you some experiences.

Well, not much else from these days, just a few of my thoughts from them.



Joseph

1 comment:

  1. I'm most glad about the Sunday School Materials. Two weeks before you left, we sat on the floor and organized it all and had to choose things to leave behind due to weight. At the time I think we both thought what in the world will they do with old and sometimes used books, charts, maps, and coloring sheets. We ran out and bought crayons and we ordered some new things too from CPH. We both still wondered how your trip would really be and how they would use those things. As we weighed your bags and they were both 49.5 lbs (the max) and then we packed up a carry on duffle that was stuffed and maybe weighed more, we wondered how you would make it with just one carry on for a month to put your personal items. I know you were so worried about taking all that stuff and how to get it through airports (did the cart work, did they let you keep it?). Wow, God really is in small details like packing and getting it all safely there for you to share with them. Charles says he can ship some things via Fed X, so let us know if we should keep and send items to them in the future. God Bless you and those you are serving, may the materials open up new ways to teach and share His Word.
    Love MOM
    PS Any stories on sports equipment? We sent a wide variety and I wondered if they have ever played all those before. Photos? Favorite toys? I liked your story about the American Football. I kind of thought that might be new to them. God can even use sports equipment to open doors that might not be easy to open!

    ReplyDelete