Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 26 Experiences--Monday, July 13

Today was supposed to be the day that we gathered the homeless kids around Kawangware and worked on their project of building them a shower. The Contractor said he was sick. So he wasn’t there, nor was anyone else for the building team, so there really wasn’t anything that we could do in terms of work. We gave them all a meal, and then they quickly dispersed.

-The day itself was not totally lost. I had a great time hanging out with the other youth from Kawangware, and some of the members of the “Conquerors” group. They are really a pleasant wonderful group of young men. I also got to then serve food to the orphan school children that come in every day for the feeding program. As I have said before when I talk about this program, for many of them this will be the only meal they eat that day.

-I had another set of sad goodbyes today as I said farewell to all of the Kawangware youths that I have been working with. They too have become my good friends and I will be sure to keep in touch with as many of them as I can. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve given my email out. I felt truly welcomed by them and truly their friend. I praise God for their faith and for the fellowship I have had with them.

-My shout out today is to my little brother and sister, Colten and Annie. I love you guys. I think you would enjoy Africa.

Well, tomorrow is my last full day in Nairobi. I don’t have much on the schedule, but still have a lot to do before I’m ready to leave.

Love you all. Just a little while longer.

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment