Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 6 Experiences

Well today was our last day of building, we got the portion of the church finished that we set out to finish, and they are in line to get the rest done. On to the bullet points:

-I had probably my best looking into the future pose that I have ever had today. I got many of the African children to do it with me, and although they didn't necessarily understand the concept, it all worked out! Its amazing, can't wait till you all can see the pictures.

-We went to a local primary school after we were done working and got out and the kids just flocked us! They were just amazed to see us, and I am told for many of them it was their first time seeing a white person. I felt like the president because everyone wanted to shake my hand. The video I have of it is just crazy, kids swarming everywhere. Truly a sight to behold.

-Great quote from the day, as we were going out on home visits some cows started mooing by us. The pastor said to us, "careful, they only eat white meat."

-We did home visits today around the neighborhood and got a lot of people very excited about the church and made some great conncetions.

Well, thats about it from today. Mostly the same in terms of building, but it was our last day so it was sad to go.

1 comment:

  1. A good comeback to the pastor may have bben: We are all red meat inside, pastor, only the paint job is different.

    ReplyDelete