Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 23 Experiences--Friday July 10

Today I also got to work at the free health clinic. Most of the day was spent in the pharmacy, I did some really good work I'd say... It was really enjoyable, and once again we got well over 200 people into the clinic. We certainly gave away a lot of medicine. I think all in all, my help was appreciated. We got really busy at times and I think that I at least helped a little. It proves that even someone with no medical experience can help out at a free medical clinic!

Other than that, the day was very much rather the same, not to say that it was boring in any way. One interesting note is that I heard Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" on one of the Matatu's radio stations. Paul Simon was heavily influenced by African music in his "Graceland" album. I can hear the distinct similarities in some of the guitar parts played during the services at Uhuru Highway Lutheran Church. This is definitely where Paul got it from. I thought it was an interesting enough point anyway...

-Also, today I would like to shout out ot all my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents and normal parents and siblings. I love all of you. You are a great family. Just saying.

Lots of love
Joseph

2 comments:

  1. What about your 'abnormal' parents?
    Hmmmmmmmm.
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your help was very much appreciated =] you'll be home soon joseph! we miss you and of course you are in our thoughts

    Love Jason

    ReplyDelete