Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 7 Experiences

7th full day here. Wow!

-Everything is so dusty here! Everywhere you go there is dust and dirt. Its a wonder anyone can stay clean. It really makes you put the whole feet washing passage in the Bible into perspective when you don't just think about gross smelly feet, but think about gross smelly feet that have been walking around in the dust and dirt and garbage all day.

-There is no A/C in any of the buildings I have been in here, or heaters for that matter. They just open the windows or close them, which when you combine that with all the dust.... it also makes for flies to be a very bad problem around this time of year due to it being their season. Thankfully it is cool here at nights, because I am afraid to open my window were it any warming in my room because of all the mosquitoes I would let in.

-I had a great conversation this night with Pastor Dan and creation and life and God's Will and getting the word out to everyone about God's great love for us. Pastor Dan truly is a wonderful man, I have great respect for him. This is yet another example of how Lutheran pastors are some of my favorite people on this planet. I know I don't have all the answers, but if any of my friends ever feel the need to talk, or just have questions or are just wondering about life, I would love to talk to you. It would be my joy not to pressure you, but to just share the great love I know God has for each of us. Its my desire that everyone I knows would have this same knowledge.

-The nights here are so beautiful, making it all the more sad that it is nearly impossible to enjoy them because it is very unwise to leave the compound at night, even in a group, such is the safety situation here.

Thats all for day 7!

Joseph

1 comment:

  1. Joe.
    Im glad you brought up the point of feet washing, yet another way to think of it. Its a Bible Study Id like to lead someday and actually do a foot washing during it. I think it would be much like our heit's point cross walk. what do you think?
    dont get mugged, and we will keep praying for you.

    Also i miss talking to you, so when you get back i want to talk about the conversation you had with Pastor Dan and what not, just to get back into our usual habits of talking baseball and faith.

    miss ya bud
    in Christ.
    dan

    ReplyDelete