Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 11

Well, today was another day in Africa!

-It seems that things just work on a completely different ideology over here. Everything works differently. It seems efficiency, customer care, speed, practicality, common sense, etc. are all foreign words to them. I could write an entire paper just on that. So I won't go on too long. Good example though, at the Sunday school seminar yesterday, it was scheduled to start at 9, not a soul was there until 10:30!

-Just a shout out to my two favorite girls, Laura and Rebecca, yes I am playing with Pip, but he is a lazy mutt and has only actually gotten the ball twice. Also, I stepped in a huge pile of mud today and you would just be happy as can be at how dirty my shoe was. I even took a picture just for you… ;) and where is that email!!!!

-Our vehicle broke down, for 2 hours today, a hose blew, so what did they do to fix it? Cut a garden hose and attached it where it needed to be…. Only in Africa… thankfully it was by a restaurant so I went in and had a drink watching a soccer match between South Africa and some other country or something like that I don't really remember.

-I've had a lot of fun playing cards with the Wehmeier family the past few nights, a wonderful family and I am blessed that they have taken me around so much and made me feel so welcome.

-I dreamed about the show Avatar a few nights ago. I think about that show a lot out here for some reason. A lot of the words out here sound like Avatar Earth Bender words, for example I literally saw a sign and took a picture of it that said "Omajoo" which although the spelling is different is a city in the earth bender kingdom. Also names like "Ba Sing Se" and such would fit perfectly out here.

-I hear a lot of American music from all eras out here. The whole hip hop music is probably most popular, but it restaurants and coffee shops I hear a lot of American music from as far back as the 60's playing. Pretty interesting if you ask me. Heard some Sinatra, Backstreet Boys, Early Britney Spears (amongst other early 90's pop) and a whole bunch of others I can't remember now, and of course Elton John (yes I realize he isn't American).

Well, I suppose that's it, trying to get a few in tonight. Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment