Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 14 Experiences--Wednesday, July 1

Well, today was the first day with the group being gone, and I got to meet my new partner in crime Matthew, from Hungary. A couple observations from the day:

-I already miss my big group. I probably already mentioned that from the last day, but I do. They were like a big family to me and things are a little more empty here with them gone. I also miss the Reynolds being my unofficial protectors on this trip. Theyve taught me well, and left me in good hands... my own (wink wink)

-I heard 2, count `em 2, siren today! That makes for a grand total of 4 sirens heard in 14 and a half days inside a big city with goodness knows more than its fair share of crime and accidents.

-Shout out to Jason Hall, whom I was miracuously seeing almost everyday before I left, and now no more. You are in my thoughts and prayers always, just saying I love you brother.

-I got my partial schedule today for my final two weeks here and it should be interesting to say the least. A lot of time with just Matthew and I out there, and sometimes just me, and a lot of time away from Pastor Winterle who has taken me under his wing as a benefactor of sorts while out here. I as well as so many others who come here to work owe so much to Pastor Winterle and his lovely wife Lidia. They are wonderful people and a blessing.

-I will get my chance to preach at the special service for the homeless boys in a couple of Sundays. I am really really excited about it and really looking forward to it, even if their is part of the group of people with not so great a set of english skills... (it also means I will be ready to preach when I get back Pastor Sippy, just like you offered me what seems like so long ago, wink wink, haha)

-I feel a strange sort of confidence going out and tackling the world. I know I have God on my side, and am doing his work, and I know that all the years of church, and sunday school, and reading, and studying, and praying, and volunteering, and wonderful people I have come in contact with over the years, has prepared me for situations exactly like these. I look forward to the opportunity I will have the final two weeks.

In Christ,
Joseph

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely in my thoughts too Joseph, the world is lucky to have you out there as well Joseph, and I thank God for putting someone like you in my life! May the Force be with you Joe =] we anxiously anticipate your return!

    Love, Jason =]

    ReplyDelete