Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 27 and 28 Experiences--Tuesday/Wednesday, July 14/15

Today was my last full day and night in Nairobi, as well the part of this day. I spent a lot of it packing and organizing. I also got to go downtown and walk around all by myself for a while, at my own pace, being able to walk quickly (something I don’t get to do here very often) when I wanted to, and to slow down and look around when I wanted to.

I have stuff from the big group that I need to bring back. It has taken me forever to get it all in my bags and I think I’m right at 50 pounds with both of my bags, plus I have two full carry-ons.

There is no such thing as fast food here. Everything operates at a snail pace, it took me 15 minutes to walk up and order and get a simple milkshake.

It is hard here sometimes to just walk down the street and not choke on a smell or massive amounts of smoke coming from some place. This is a cultural difference from what I am used to.

I am certainly going to miss a lot of things here. Mostly the people I have met. I have enjoyed being with them, but I look forward to coming home. I’m headed to the airport here in a few hours from writing this and then my plane leaves at 11:30pm tonight. I am scheduled to get home at the Springfield airport at 5:20pm on July 16th.

This will be my last post about daily experiences but when I get home I hope to do several more posts about a few things, plus at the end a nice big closing summary, so stay tuned in the coming time for all of that, even though I will be back, the writing won’t be done… maybe we can get to over 3,000 hits… Please pray for these people I have met.

I love you all and this time when I say I will see you soon I really mean it.

In Christ,

Joseph

2 comments:

  1. It was great reading about all of your experiences! I am so glad God was able to use you and that He kept you safe. I can't beleive you'll be home tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We anxiously wait for you to return =] stay safe Joseph!

    Love Jason

    ReplyDelete