Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Please read and comment soon!

I know I have posted several things today, and hope to get another post in as well, but this post is a little different.

I believe that I mentioned in an earlier post here about a group of former street boys that formed a band called the ``Conquerors`` They have a half completed Christian album of 5 song, (some english, swahili, other tribal languages) that they wrote the music to themselves. They are trying to get funds to finish their cd and continue their mission of feeding and helping the homeless street boys, as well as visiting schools and spreading the gospel.

They are selling their CD which comes with a DVD of one of their songs music videos for the price of 7 dollars. They are also selling t-shirsts that say ``we are more than...`` and ``conquerors`` on the back for 7 dollars too. The colors on the shirst are I believe black, white, and red.

Anyone who would like a cd or t-shirt or both, just let me know and I will buy it and bring it back for you (their website isnt really up and running yet, they are working on it with their limited resources). I can attest that the 5 songs are pretty good, and even if you dont like it you know that a good cause is being helped. Its not necessarily your authentic African tribal congo drum music, but still good and I dont really know the style so I wont try to describe it.

This is certainly not a plea for funds and I dont want people doing this as an offering or anything, but if anyone would like one, please comment on this post, or email, (I prefer commenting, allows me to keep track better) along with your name, and what size if you are getting a shirt. Thanks, and I will see you all soon God willing!

4 comments:

  1. ill take a cd jojo like we talked about already.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get us a CD and get Colten a shirt.
    Thanks,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take both Joe. :) Pretty sure you know what size shirt I need...

    ReplyDelete